Sticky maple roast root vegetables
- January 2007
- Butternut squash, peeled, fibres and seeds removed, cut into chunks
- 500g baby Chantenay carrots
- 750g bag frozen roasting parsnips
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan170°C/gas 5.
- Put the squash chunks in a large roasting tin – use the tray that fits into the oven rungs. Add the carrots and parsnips. Drizzle with the oil and season. Toss together and roast for 45 minutes.
- Drizzle the maple syrup over the vegetables and toss together well. Return to the oven and roast for a further 15-20 minutes at 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7, until tender, golden and sticky.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sunday roast side dish recipes
Roasted root vegetables with horseradish and lemon sauce
Try roasting your sweet root vegetables with spicy horseradish for an interesting side dish to...