Sticky maple roast root vegetables
- January 2007
- Serves 6
- Ready in 1 hour 10 minutes
Give your root vegetables a boost with this sticky maple syrup recipe for your parsnips and carrots.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- Butternut squash, peeled, fibres and seeds removed, cut into chunks
- 500g baby Chantenay carrots
- 750g bag frozen roasting parsnips
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan170°C/gas 5.
- Put the squash chunks in a large roasting tin – use the tray that fits into the oven rungs. Add the carrots and parsnips. Drizzle with the oil and season. Toss together and roast for 45 minutes.
- Drizzle the maple syrup over the vegetables and toss together well. Return to the oven and roast for a further 15-20 minutes at 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7, until tender, golden and sticky.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Roasted root vegetables with horseradish and lemon sauce
Try roasting your sweet root vegetables with spicy horseradish for an interesting side dish to...