Salted caramel roasted parsnips and cauliflower
- December 2017
- Serves 8
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 45-50 min
The natural sweetness of the caramelised winter veg pairs perfectly with a drizzle of slightly salted caramel sauce. Trust us – you won’t be able to stop eating this sticky sweet and savoury side dish.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 7.1g (1.3g saturated)
- 19.1g (9.6g sugars)
- Rapeseed oil for roasting
- 1 large cauliflower, sliced into florets, with the leaves
- 8 parsnips, peeled, each sliced into 4 long even pieces
- 3 tbsp salted caramel sauce (we used Joe and Seph’s, but Tiptree is also good – or use maple syrup)
- Handful chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Drizzle a generous glug of oil into a large roasting tin. Add the cauliflower and parsnips, season with salt and pepper, then toss together to coat the veg in the oil.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes until starting to brown. Remove the veg from the oven. Drizzle the caramel sauce over the top of the veg, toss to coat and sprinkle with a little more sea salt. Return to the oven for 15 minutes until golden and cooked through. Serve scattered with the parsley.
Prep to the end of step 1 up to 12 hours ahead and chill in sealed food bags covered with damp kitchen paper. Or, 2-3 hours before serving, roast the veg for 30 minutes (step 2), then remove and stir in the caramel sauce. Keep covered, then roast for 15-20 minutes until crisp before serving.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...