Salted caramel roasted parsnips and cauliflower
- December 2017
- Serves 8
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 45-50 min
The natural sweetness of the caramelised winter veg pairs perfectly with a drizzle of slightly salted caramel sauce. Trust us – you won’t be able to stop eating this sticky sweet and savoury side dish.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 7.1g (1.3g saturated)
- 19.1g (9.6g sugars)
- Rapeseed oil for roasting
- 1 large cauliflower, sliced into florets, with the leaves
- 8 parsnips, peeled, each sliced into 4 long even pieces
- 3 tbsp salted caramel sauce (we used Joe and Seph’s, but Tiptree is also good – or use maple syrup)
- Handful chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Drizzle a generous glug of oil into a large roasting tin. Add the cauliflower and parsnips, season with salt and pepper, then toss together to coat the veg in the oil.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes until starting to brown. Remove the veg from the oven. Drizzle the caramel sauce over the top of the veg, toss to coat and sprinkle with a little more sea salt. Return to the oven for 15 minutes until golden and cooked through. Serve scattered with the parsley.
Prep to the end of step 1 up to 12 hours ahead and chill in sealed food bags covered with damp kitchen paper. Or, 2-3 hours before serving, roast the veg for 30 minutes (step 2), then remove and stir in the caramel sauce. Keep covered, then roast for 15-20 minutes until crisp before serving.
Rate & review