Sticky salted caramel apples
- October 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 min
A super-easy pudding which doesn’t hold back on flavour, try these rich, glossy and sticky salted caramel apples for a dessert ready to be devoured in just 10 minutes. Serve with a generous scoop of vanilla ice-cream and prepare to be amazed.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 30g unsalted butter
- 2 peeled, cored and sliced apples
- 4 tbsp dulce de leche (or any good shop-bought caramel sauce)
- A splash of brandy (optional)
- Sea salt flakes
- Vanilla ice cream
- Melt 30g unsalted butter in a non-stick frying pan. Once the butter is foaming, add 2 peeled, cored and sliced apples, then fry, turning, until golden.
- Stir in 4tbsp dulce de leche (or any good shop-bought caramel sauce) until melted.
- Cook the apples in the caramel for a few minutes until everything looks sticky and gorgeous. If you like, add a splash of brandy with the caramel.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt flakes, add a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream and serve without delay.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...