Sticky salted caramel apples
- October 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 min
A super-easy pudding which doesn’t hold back on flavour, try these rich, glossy and sticky salted caramel apples for a dessert ready to be devoured in just 10 minutes. Serve with a generous scoop of vanilla ice-cream and prepare to be amazed.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 30g unsalted butter
- 2 peeled, cored and sliced apples
- 4 tbsp dulce de leche (or any good shop-bought caramel sauce)
- A splash of brandy (optional)
- Sea salt flakes
- Vanilla ice cream
- Melt 30g unsalted butter in a non-stick frying pan. Once the butter is foaming, add 2 peeled, cored and sliced apples, then fry, turning, until golden.
- Stir in 4tbsp dulce de leche (or any good shop-bought caramel sauce) until melted.
- Cook the apples in the caramel for a few minutes until everything looks sticky and gorgeous. If you like, add a splash of brandy with the caramel.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt flakes, add a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream and serve without delay.
Rate & review