Quick egg fried rice
- June 2009
- Serves 4
- Ready in 5 minutes
This speedy take on classic egg fried rice still tastes just as good with all your favourite Chinese dishes, but we’ve used ready-cooked rice in this recipe to save time.
Want to make your egg fried rice into a main meal? Why not add chicken, like in this 30-minute meal.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 12.8g (2.3g saturated)
- 42.3g (1.8g sugars)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Bunch of spring onions, chopped
- 100g frozen peas
- 500g ready-cooked Thai fragrant rice
- 2 large free-range eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan until very hot, then add the spring onions and stir-fry over a high heat for 1 minute. Add the peas, cook for a further minute, then add the rice and toss well.
- Make a well in the centre of the rice and pour in the eggs. When the bottom starts to set, scramble the eggs, then stir through the rice. Stir in the soy sauce and sesame oil and season to taste.
- Divide the rice among bowls and top with the stir-fried beef recipe. Serve with lime wedges to squeeze over.
Rate & review