Peanut and soy sprouts stir-fry
- November 2020
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
For the sprout lovers out there, this peanut and soy sprouts stir-fry recipe is a great midweek meal which takes just 20 minutes to prepare. Why should your love for this little green veg be limited to just Christmas Day?
If you fancy something more filling, you’ve got try our pumpkin and brussels sprout pasta bake.
- 16.8g (2.9g saturated)
- 42.1g (10g sugars)
- 2 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- Juice 1 lime, plus wedges to serve
- Sunflower oil for stir-frying
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 300g brussels sprouts (halved if large)
- 2 x 275g packs M&S Peanut Pad Thai Rice Noodles or other ready-cooked noodles
- Handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp mixed seeds (we used sesame, poppy and sunflower)
- In a medium bowl, mix the soy sauce, peanut butter and lime juice with 2 tbsp water. Set aside.
- Heat a splash of oil in a wok or high-sided frying pan. Add the onion, then stir-fry for a few minutes until softening. Add the garlic and ginger, then stir-fry for 30 seconds more.
- Add the sprouts to the wok and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes over a medium-high heat until tender and charred in places. Add a splash of water to stop things sticking. Next, add the cooked noodles, tossing to warm through.
- Pour in the soy/peanut butter mix, tossing again to coat everything well, then serve scattered with the coriander and crunchy seeds.
For a more filling meal, stir-fry tofu cubes in a little oil and, once browned and crisp, add to the stir-fry.
Replace the ready-cooked noodles with a pack of dried noodles – cook according to the packet instructions, then add to the wok with a little sesame oil.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter