Stir-fried rice noodles with quick sambal and omelette
- November 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min
This vegetable stir-fry paired with an omelette and dressed with a spicy sambal sauce make a tasty, filling veggie supper that is ready in 15 minutes.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 22.5g (8.9g saturated)
- 30.1g (10g sugars)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2x 250g packs mixed vegetable stir fry (we used noodle-cut vegetables)
- 300g straight-to-wok noodles (see tips)
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut, toasted
- Handful fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Lime wedges to serve (optional)
For the quick sambal
- 1 red onion, ½ chopped and ½ sliced
- 1 tbsp chilli paste (we used Bart)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- Thumb-size piece of ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil (use toasted sesame if you have it), plus a splash
- In a small bowl, mix together all the sambal ingredients, except the sliced red onion, with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a large wok or large, deep frying pan with a splash of oil over a medium-high heat. Add the vegetables and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until tender. Add the rice noodles and sambal, then toss together over the heat for a couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a bowl with a splash of oil. Heat a 20cm non-stick frying pan brushed with vegetable oil over a medium-high heat. Add half the egg to the pan and cook for a few minutes, swirling the pan after 30 seconds to make a thin omelette. Once the egg is just set, tip onto a chopping board, then roll up and slice. Repeat with the remaining egg to make a second omelette.
- Divide the stir-fried noodles and sliced omelette among plates. Scatter over the toasted coconut and coriander, then serve with the lime wedges, if using.
Swap flat rice noodles, cooked according to pack instructions, for straight-to-wok noodles if you like
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Beef and vegetable rice noodles
Beef and vegetables work excellently together noodle and stir fry recipe.
Thai-style crab rice noodles
Crab rice noodles is a balanced Asian recipe that’s low in fat and on the...
Spiced chicken masala with coconut sambal
A quick curry using ready-blended spices. If you like the sambal, stock up with the...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...