Strawberry gin fizz
- June 2015
- 400g fresh, ripe strawberries, hulled and roughly chopped
- Small bunch fresh mint, leaves torn, plus extra small sprigs to serve
- 2 tsp caster sugar, dissolved in 30ml boiling water to make a syrup
- 100ml gin
- 2 handfuls ice cubes
- 1 bottle prosecco
- Put the strawberries, torn mint and half the sugar syrup in a large jug and muddle with the end of a rolling pin or handle of a wooden spoon until lightly crushed and bruised and releasing their juices.
- Add the gin, ice cubes and prosecco, then stir and taste, adding extra sugar syrup if needed. Serve in chilled champagne flutes or glasses garnished with sprigs of fresh mint.
Make to the end of step 1 up to 2 hours in advance and keep in the fridge.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...