Summery watermelon and feta salad
- August 2017
- Serves 8-10 as a side salad
- Hands-on time 10 min
Sweet watermelon is paired with salty feta, cucumber and herbs to create a light, summery salad with layers of flavour.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 7.4g (3.3g saturated)
- 10.7g (10.1g sugars)
- 1 ripe mini watermelon
- ½ cucumber (halved lengthways, seeds removed, then cut into half moons)
- 75g mixed radishes, thinly sliced
- 200g barrel aged feta cheese, crumbled
- Handful of fresh mint leaves, shredded
- Handful of fresh basil leaves (any large leaves torn)
- Zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- Glug of fruity Greek olive oil
- Balsamic glaze
- Pitted kalamata olives, optional
- Slice the watermelon into rounds, then cut into rough triangles (no need to peel). Arrange on a platter and scatter over the cucumber, radishes, feta, mint, basil and the lemon.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and drizzle with olive oil and a little balsamic glaze. Add a handful of pitted kalamata olives, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Watermelon, feta, herb and peanut salad with hot and sour dressing
Sweet thirst-quenching watermelon meets salty feta in this centrepiece salad – perfect for a dinner...