Feta, watermelon and green bean salad
- August 2011
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
The tangy feta cheese and refreshing watermelon in this salad recipe make for a light and easy summer dinner – and make the most of fine green beans.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 20.7g (8.4g saturated)
- 16.2g (12.3g sugars)
- 200g fine green beans, topped
- ½ ripe watermelon, deseeded
- 4 tbsp seeds (such as sunflower or pumpkin)
- Small bunch of fresh chervil (or greek basil), roughly chopped
- 200g pack feta
- Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Juice of 1 lime
- Blanch the green beans in boiling water for 2 minutes, then refresh quickly under cold water.
- Chop the watermelon into bite-size chunks, then put into a large serving bowl. Toss through the blanched beans, seeds of your choice and fresh chervil or greek basil.
- Crumble over the feta, drizzle over a little oil, then squeeze over the lime. Serve with a glass of crisp, chilled white wine.
Rate & review