Watermelon, feta, herb and peanut salad with hot and sour dressing
- September 2016
- Serves 4-6
- Hands-on time 30 min
Sweet thirst-quenching watermelon meets salty feta in this centrepiece salad – perfect for a dinner party.
Struggling for time? Our summery watermelon and feta salad only takes 10 minutes to make.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 17.2g (6.2g saturated)
- 15.9g (15.3g sugars)
For the salad
- 1 small watermelon, chopped into thin slices
- 1 large cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded and sliced diagonally into half moons
- 200g feta, crumbled
- Small bunch fresh mint, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- Small bunch fresh coriander, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- Small bunch fresh basil, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- 2 handfuls salted roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp chilli jam (we used Tracklements)
- Finely grated zest 1 lime and juice 2
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Toss all the salad ingredients together in a large bowl, reserving a few of the peanuts to scatter later.
- To make the dressing, combine the chilli jam, lime zest and juice and the olive oil in a small bowl or jug, then taste and season.
- Toss most of the dressing through the salad, then transfer to a large serving platter. Scatter over the reserved peanuts, then drizzle over the rest of the dressing. Leave the salad to sit for a couple of minutes to absorb the flavours, then serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
This lovely, fresh salad recipe uses gravadlax instead of smoked salmon. It makes a light,...