Sweet potato, red pepper and turkey enchiladas
- December 2018
- Serves 3-4
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 12-15 min
Use up leftover turkey and cheese in these easy enchiladas. They make a fun Friday night meal and you could easily add any extra veggies you fancy too.
Looking for more ideas for leftover turkey? We’ve got lots of idea, take a look here.
- 21.5g (9.3g saturated)
- 66.2g (9.8g sugars)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1.5cm cubes
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 6 small corn tortilla wraps
- 350g cooked turkey or chicken (breast or thigh)
- 2 roasted red peppers from a jar, cut into slices (we like Karyatis)
- 75g mature cheddar, grated
- 75g cherry tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp chipotle paste
- Finely grated zest and juice 1 lime4 tbsp soured cream
- Handful fresh coriander leaves to garnish
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°fan/gas 6. Put the sweet potato in a microwave-safe bowl with a drizzle of oil and seasoning, cover loosely with cling film, then cook on full power for 6-8 minutes, or until the potato is soft (see tip).
- Lay the tortilla wraps on a chopping board. Divide the sweet potato among
the wraps and use the back of a fork to squash it down gently. Roughly slice the turkey and arrange over the top, then divide the roasted red peppers and half the cheese among the wraps and season. Roll up each wrap tightly and arrange in a small baking dish. Sprinkle over the rest of the cheese and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix the tomatoes with the chipotle paste, lime zest and juice. When the enchiladas are hot and the cheese has melted, serve them with the tomato sauce, soured cream and coriander.
If you have extra time, roast the squash cubes in the oven, drizzled with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper, for 20-25 minutes at 200°C/180°fan/gas 6.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Nachos with avocado salsa
These cheesy nachos with beef ragù and avocado salsa make the best TV snack.
Nachos with oxtail chilli
The rich, slow-cooked oxtail in this recipe gives the chilli a beautiful viscous texture, perfect...