Tempura prawn wraps with minted mango yogurt
- May 2011
- 1 large free-range egg
- 250ml ice-cold water
- 100g plain flour
- 25g cornflour
- ½ tsp salt
- Vegetable oil for frying (enough to half-fill your wok)
- 20 (about 200g) raw peeled king prawns, defrosted
- 4 tortilla wraps
- Large bunch of watercress
- 200g Greek yogurt mixed with 2 tbsp mango chutney
- 4 lemon wedges
- Beat the egg in a bowl and stir in the water. Gently whisk in the flours and salt until just combined, but still lumpy.
- Heat the oil in a wok to 180°C or until a breadcrumb sizzles and turns brown in 25 seconds. Dip the prawns in the batter, then cook in the oil, a few at a time, for 2-3 minutes until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Fill each tortilla with 5 tempura prawns, a handful of watercress and a dollop of the mango yogurt. Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Prawn and lime mayo wrap
This fresh and zesty prawn wrap is an easy lunch recipe that you can make...