Tempura prawn wraps with minted mango yogurt
- May 2011
- 1 large free-range egg
- 250ml ice-cold water
- 100g plain flour
- 25g cornflour
- ½ tsp salt
- Vegetable oil for frying (enough to half-fill your wok)
- 20 (about 200g) raw peeled king prawns, defrosted
- 4 tortilla wraps
- Large bunch of watercress
- 200g Greek yogurt mixed with 2 tbsp mango chutney
- 4 lemon wedges
- Beat the egg in a bowl and stir in the water. Gently whisk in the flours and salt until just combined, but still lumpy.
- Heat the oil in a wok to 180°C or until a breadcrumb sizzles and turns brown in 25 seconds. Dip the prawns in the batter, then cook in the oil, a few at a time, for 2-3 minutes until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Fill each tortilla with 5 tempura prawns, a handful of watercress and a dollop of the mango yogurt. Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Prawn and lime mayo wrap
This fresh and zesty prawn wrap is an easy lunch recipe that you can make...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...