Thai green prawn curry
- December 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
Chill after a long week with a bowl of something spicy and make our 30-minute Thai green prawn curry.
Looking for something even quicker? This red prawn curry, served with coconut rice, is ready in 20 minutes.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 16.6g (6.9g saturated)
- 10.2g (6.9g sugars)
- Oil for frying
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 3 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 20g fresh ginger, grated
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 400ml tin light coconut milk
- 2 pak choi, sliced
- 300g sustainable peeled raw king prawns (defrosted if frozen)
- 1½ tbsp fish sauce
- Grated zest and juice 1 lime, plus wedges or halves to serve
- Bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- Steamed rice to serve
- Heat a glug of oil in a large deep frying pan or wok over a medium heat and fry the onions for 5 minutes until starting to soften. Stir in the curry paste, chilli and ginger, then stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the broccoli for another 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk and bring to a gentle simmer. Add the pak choi, prawns, fish sauce, lime zest and juice, then gently cook for 5 minutes. Stir in most of the coriander, then serve with steamed rice, the rest of the coriander and lime wedges.
Next time, swap Thai curry paste for an Indian masala paste and use roast beef or chicken.
Rate & review