Cheesy pork chops
- August 2010
- Serves 4
- Takes 20 min to make, 15 min to cook
These quick cheesy pork chops are as comforting as a cuddle from your mum. The fresh pea salad adds crunch.
- 35.1g (15.8g saturated)
- 9.9g (4.2g sugar)
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 70g medium Cheddar, grated
- 2 tsp English mustard
- 100ml double cream
- 4 pork chops
- 2 little gem lettuces, leaves separated
- 100g radishes, finely sliced
- 250g fresh podded peas, blanched for 2 minutes, refreshed under cold water and drained
- Grated zest of 1 lemon, juice of ½
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. In a frying pan, soften the onion in 1 tbsp of the olive oil over a low heat for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool a little.
- Mix the Cheddar, English mustard, softened onion and cream to a thick, spoonable mixture in a bowl. Season.
- Brush the pork all over with 1 tbsp oil, season and place in a baking tray. Grill for 3-4 minutes, turn over and grill for 3 minutes more. Spread the Cheddar and onion mixture over the top of the chops. Place under the grill for a couple of minutes until the topping is melted and golden and the pork is cooked through.
- Mix the lettuce, radish and peas in a bowl. Dress with the remaining oil, lemon zest and juice. Season. Serve in bowls with the pork chops.
Rate & review