Chocolate hobnob-style biscuits (vegan)
- October 2019
- Makes 25
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 10-12 min
We’ve created our very own vegan chocolate hobnobs biscuit recipe, with a thick chocolate topping and a wholemeal, oaty base. Grab a cuppa and get dunking!
Need another vegan choc fix? How about our showstopping Bounty parfait cheesecake?
- Vegan recipes
- 5g (1.3g saturated)
- 18g (10.8g sugars)
- 100g rolled oats
- 125g wholemeal flour, plus extra to dust
- 50g plain flour
- 100g unrefined golden caster sugar (we used Billington’s)
- 50g unrefined dark muscovado sugar (we used Billington’s)
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- 150g melted dark vegan chocolate
You’ll also need…
- 2-3 baking sheets, lightly floured
- Heat the oven to 160°C/140°C fan/ gas 3. Mix the rolled oats, flours and sugars with a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl.
- Put the oil and golden syrup in a large pan set over a medium heat and melt together. Remove from the heat.
- Mix the bicarbonate of soda and boiling water in a small dish, tip into the warm oil/syrup and stir to combine – it will froth up. Pour the mixture over the dry ingredients and mix to form a dough.
- Roll spoonfuls of the dough into walnut-size balls. Space them roughly 5cm apart on the prepared baking trays and flatten slightly with the heel of your hand.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until deep golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave on the baking trays for 5-6 minutes to firm up a little. Loosen with a palette knife, transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool (see Make Ahead).
- Once cooled, spoon a little melted dark chocolate over each biscuit and spread with the back of a spoon, or use a knife or fork to create a ridged pattern (see tip).
Sprinkle with crumbled freeze-dried fruit (such as strawberries/raspberries) in step 6 for a colourful twist.
The cooled biscuits will keep for up to 2 days in an airtight container.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...