- October 2011
- Serves 6
- 20 minutes to make, 20 minutes to cook
This healthy vegetable soup recipe is the perfect winter-warmer – with a dash of double cream for a touch of decadence.
- 4.4g (1.6g saturated)
- 21.7g (4.7g sugar)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 medium potatoes, chopped into cubes
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 parsnip, chopped
- 1 litre vegetable stock (we like Knorr)
- 100ml double cream
- Over a medium-high heat, melt the butter with the oil in a big pan. When the butter foams, add the onion and fry for 2 minutes. Add the veg and cook for 6-10 minutes until they start to soften. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Season, then enjoy as chunky veg broth or whizz with a hand blender to make a smooth soup. Stir in the cream before serving.
Freeze in portions, or in one batch. Pour the cooled, finished soup into sealable freezer bags or airtight containers and freeze for up to 6 months. Put into a pan and reheat until piping hot.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Roasted vegetable soup with walnut and sage pesto
This hearty roasted vegetable soup recipe is low in both...
Spiced vegetable soup with lentils and roasted chilli
This comforting and healthy soup recipe is packed with flavourful...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter