Venison meatballs, bean slaw and flatbreads
- June 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
By using just a few time-saving ingredients you can get this tasty meatball recipe on the table in less than 30 minutes.
- 38.6g (8.2g saturated)
- 54g (10.3g sugars)
- 195g Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference Roasted Garlic & Extra-Virgin Olive Oil Pizza Bread, or similar
- 185g pack Sainsbury’s Ready Sliced Runner Beans, or similar
- 300g pack Holme Farmed 12 Venison Meatballs (from Sainsbury’s), or similar
You’ll also need…
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp Greek yogurt
- Handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Juice 1/2 lemon, plus wedges to serve
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Smoked paprika to sprinkle
- Heat the oven and cook the flatbread according to the pack instructions. Meanwhile, combine the runner beans, mayo, yogurt, coriander, garlic and lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Season, then set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and, when hot, add the meatballs. Sprinkle generously with smoked paprika, then cook, pressing down gently and turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Divide the meatballs and slaw between 2 serving plates and sprinkle with a little more smoked paprika, if you like. Cut the flatbread into halves and add to the plates, then serve straightaway with lemon wedges for squeezing.
Next time cook the meatballs and runner beans in a tomato sauce, then serve with rice and the flatbreads.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Burns Night recipes
Venison terrine with prunes, orange, juniper and thyme
Gill Meller’s venison terrine, flavoured with orange zest and sweet prunes, makes a tasty starter...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...