Warm new potato, rocket and smoked mackerel salad
- September 2011
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
Warm new potatoes, spicy rocket and smoked mackerel make up this satisfying yet cheap, simple and balanced recipe.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 42.2g (9.4g saturated)
- 15.3g (1.5g sugars)
- 400g new potatoes, halved if large
- 6 unsmoked streaky bacon rashers, sliced into 1cm strips
- Splash of olive oil
- 50g bag rocket leaves
- 1 packet (about 330g) smoked mackerel, skin removed, flaked
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water for 15 minutes until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon with a splash of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat until crisp.
- Put the cooked potatoes in a bowl with the rocket, bacon and mackerel. Drizzle over the olive oil, add the lemon juice, season and toss together. Serve straightaway.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chicken, dill and potato salad with anchovy dressing and rye bread croutons
Try something a little different for dinner this week with this Swedish-inspired salad. Bursting with...
Pickled red onion potato salad
This pickled red onion and potato salad is excellent at cutting through the smoky flavours...