Warm new potato, rocket and smoked mackerel salad
- September 2011
- 400g new potatoes, halved if large
- 6 unsmoked streaky bacon rashers, sliced into 1cm strips
- Splash of olive oil
- 50g bag rocket leaves
- 1 packet (about 330g) smoked mackerel, skin removed, flaked
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water for 15 minutes until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon with a splash of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat until crisp.
- Put the cooked potatoes in a bowl with the rocket, bacon and mackerel. Drizzle over the olive oil, add the lemon juice, season and toss together. Serve straightaway.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Quick pepper mackerel salad with vegetable crisps
Strong, vibrant flavours make this easy mackerel salad one you’ll...
Grilled mackerel salad with miso dressing
This grilled mackerel salad with miso dressing makes a lovely...
Subscribe to our magazine
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter