- December 2021
- Serves 1
- Hands-on time 5 minutes
For a classic whisky cocktail that packs a punch, try our whisky sour recipe. The lemon brings a hit of zing that goes so well with the whisky. See our tip below for hot to make sugar syrup.
And if whisky isn’t so much your thing, give this Picante recipe a try.
- 13.1g (13.1g sugars)
- 50ml whisky (scotch, Irish whiskey or bourbon)
- 25ml lemon juice
- 1 tbsp rich sugar syrup
- 1 medium free-range egg white (or 35ml pasteurised egg white)
- Dash Angostura bitters
- Lemon slice and cocktail/maraschino cherry to serve
- Put all the ingredients except the ice and garnish in a cocktail shaker. Shake for 30 seconds, then add a handful of ice.
- Shake for a minute to chill, then strain into a lowball (short) glass filled with fresh ice (or forgo the ice for a stronger drink). Garnish with the lemon and cherry, secured together on a cocktail stick.
How to make rich sugar syrup: In a small pan, dissolve 300g caster sugar in 150ml water over a gentle heat. Bring to the boil, then cool and store in a clean bottle/jar in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Rate & review