Soho House picante de la casa
- Online only
- Serves 1
- Ready in 5 minutes
Lovers of the margarita, we have a treat for you here! Soho House have kindly shared the recipe for their picante de la casa. The picante is based on the much-loved Tommy’s margarita, but combines those ingredients with chilli and coriander – to add a little extra heat and spice. It is revelatory – and a drink you’ll be coming back to.
If you’re a tequila fan, you’ll love our paloma cocktail too.
- 50ml reposado tequila
- 20ml agave nectar
- 25ml fresh lime juice
- 1 chilli pepper (about ¼ inch wide)
- 10 coriander leaves with stem
- Cut a small piece of chilli and press with muddler in the shaker tin.
- Hand clap the coriander (to release the aroma, place the leaves or sprig in one hand and gently smack it with the other – this warms up the garnish slightly and starts to extract the oils before you use it), and drop in.
- Build (this is the process of adding one ingredient after the other and stacking them straight into the glass, no shaking or stirring necessary) the rest of the ingredients, shake and fine strain into an ice-filled rocks glass (a short tumbler used for serving spirits).
- Cut the top end off the chilli pepper and place – stem upwards – on top.
Recipe from Soho House.
We have also made the cocktail with runny honey in place of the agave, and it works brilliantly.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...