Zesty feta, artichoke and tomato bulgur wheat
- August 2006
- Serves 3
- Ready in 20 minutes
A fresh and flavoursome Mediterranean salad of summery favourites, including zesty feta cheese and nutty bulgur wheat.
Love artichokes? We’ve got lots more ideas on how to use the vegetable in our artichoke recipe collection.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 200g bulgur wheat
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon plus lemon juice, to taste, and wedges to serve
- 150g young leaf spinach
- 285g jar artichoke antipasto (we used Sacla), drained, 2 tbsp of oil reserved
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g feta, crumbled
- Put the bulgur wheat into a large bowl and add the lemon zest and spinach. Pour over 600ml boiling water, stir and cover with cling film. Set aside for 15 minutes, or until the bulgur wheat has softened but still has a slight bite. Drain in a sieve, squeezing out the excess liquid well. Return to the bowl.
- Halve the artichokes and add to the bowl, along with the cherry tomatoes and feta. Drizzle with the reserved oil and season to taste with lemon juice, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Gently toss together and divide between wide bowls. Cut 1 lemon into wedges and serve with the bulgur wheat.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Potato, smoked almond and artichoke salad
This robust potato, smoked almond and artichoke salad is ideal for summer – and perfect...