Potato, smoked almond and artichoke salad
- August 2007
- Serves 4
- Ready in 30 minutes
For a filling summer side dish with a twist, give our potato smoked almond and artichoke salad a whirl. Perfect for barbecues and picnics.
Planning an outdoor do? Check out more than 100 summer salads and sides.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 41.8g (4.3g saturated)
- 29.7g (4.8g sugars)
- 600g new potatoes, halved if large
- 100ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 280g jar grilled artichokes in oil, drained and halved if large
- 100g smoked almonds (from Sainsbury’s) or mixture of smoked almonds and cashews (from Waitrose)
- 1 red onion, halved and finely sliced
- Small handful chopped fresh dill
- 4 tbsp cottage cheese
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain well and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, mix the oil, vinegar and lemon juice in a large bowl. Season.
- To serve, toss the warm potatoes in the dressing. Add the artichokes, nuts, onion and dill. Toss together, then divide between serving plates. Top each with a spoonful of cottage cheese.
Spanish sherry vinegar isn’t as sweet as Italian balsamic vinegar but packs a heftier punch so don’t overdo it. Buy the best you can – an aged sherry vinegar will add real depth to dressings.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
New potato, radish and dill salad
Dill and radishes are a welcome inclusion in this summery potato salad recipe.