1 small onion, finely diced
1 leek, sliced and washed
225g soft goat’s cheese
2 slices smoked ham or Parma ham, diced
2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves picked
375g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
1 egg, beaten, to glaze
1. Melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and leek, cover, and sweat for 5 minutes, until soft but not coloured. Set aside to cool.
2. Put the cheese in a large bowl and beat until creamy. Add the ham, thyme leaves and cooled onion and leek. Mix and season to taste.
3. Unroll the pastry and roll out until slightly thinner. Using a saucer, cut out 4 x 16cm circles. Divide the mixture between the centres of each pastry round. Brush the edge of pastry with some of the egg and fold the pastry over to make a semicircle. Press with a fork to seal the edges and chill for 5-10 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 200C/fan180C/gas6. Put the puffs onto a non-stick baking tray and brush with remaining egg. Bake for 20 minutes, until golden. Serve hot or cold.
- These can be prepared a day in advance. Chill at the end of step three, so they’re ready to bake when you need them.