- 400g lamb neck fillet, cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Knob of fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ras el hanout
- 250g basmati rice
- 500ml lamb stock, hot
- 75g dried apricots, chopped
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- Small handful flatleaf parsley, chopped, to serve
- Season the lamb cubes with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a wide, deep frying pan over a high heat. Add the lamb and fry, in batches, for 4-5 minutes until golden brown. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add the onion, season and fry over a medium heat until softened. Add the garlic, ginger and ras el hanout and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Tip in the rice and stir to coat in the oil. Add the lamb, then the stock, stir well, bring to the boil, cover with a lid, turn down the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the apricots and chickpeas and warm through for a few minutes, then scatter with parsley and serve.