- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cornflour mixed with 2 tbsp water
- 425g can pineapple pieces, drained, juice reserved
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Knob of fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 red chillies, deseeded, 1 finely diced and 1 sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 225g can water chestnuts, drained
- 200g large raw peeled prawns
- 4 spring onions, sliced lengthways, to serve
- Mix the vinegar with the soy sauce, sugar, cornflour mix, pineapple juice and 100ml water.
- Heat a wok over a high heat, then add the oil, garlic, ginger and diced chilli. Stir-fry for 30 seconds, then add the pepper, pineapple and water chestnuts.
- Cook for 2 minutes, add the sauce and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the prawns, stirring for 2-3 minutes more until cooked. Serve sprinkled with spring onion and sliced chilli.