Aubergine and squash Thai green curry
- June 2011
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 200g baby aubergines, cut into large chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- ½ x 350g pack butternut squash wedges (from Waitrose and Sainsbury’s), cut into cubes
- Thai Taste Easy Thai Green Curry Kit (from Waitrose and Sainsbury’s)
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 200ml vegetable stock, hot
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- Pre-cooked coconut rice (from Waitrose and Sainsbury’s) to serve
- Heat 2 tbsp of the vegetable oil in a large sauté pan, add the aubergine chunks and red onion wedges, season lightly, then fry over a high heat for about 5 minutes or until golden all over. Remove to a bowl using a slotted spoon, then season and fry the butternut squash until slightly coloured. Take out of the pan and put with the aubergines and onion.
- Add the remaining vegetable oil to the sauté pan with the curry paste and herbs from the green curry kit and fry over a low heat for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant. Return the vegetables to the pan, add the tomatoes and toss to coat. Pour in the coconut milk from the curry kit and the vegetable stock, bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and simmer for 2 minutes or until it wilts and the veg are tender. Heat the rice according to the pack instructions. Divide the curry between 2 bowls and serve with the rice.
You can use any combination of vegetables you have to hand for this, such as peas, beans and courgettes
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter