Roasted carrots with baby turnips
- November 2005
- Serves 6
- Takes 15 minutes to make and 10 minutes to roast
This roasted carrots and baby turnips recipe goes perfectly with roast beef and makes a great Sunday lunch side dish on chilly winter days.
- 4g (0.6g saturated)
- 6.9g (6.2g sugar)
- 12 baby turnips (about 45g each)
- 200g pack mini carrots
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add the unpeeled turnips and cook for 12 minutes, or until tender. Drain and cover.
- Meanwhile, put the carrots into a roasting dish. Drizzle with the oil and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast for 10 minutes, or until just tender.
- Add the boiled turnips to the dish and mix with the carrots to coat in the oil. Serve alongside the beef with some cooked broccoli, if you like.
If you can only buy large carrots or turnips, halve them lengthways.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Brussels sprouts recipes
Sprouts and roasted carrots with butter and macadamia nuts
Fry off your brussels sprouts with carrots and macadamia nuts...
Christmas trimmings, sides and sauces
Honey and balsamic roasted heritage carrots with hazelnuts
These sweet-roasted carrots with an added hazelnut crunch are a...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter