Quick and easy aubergine parmigiana
- September 2009
- 2 small aubergines
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomato pesto
- 2 x 125g balls mozzarella, sliced
- 350g jar chilli and tomato sauce
- 50g ready-made fresh breadcrumbs
- 50g grated vegetarian Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Slice the aubergines lengthways into 1cm slices and brush with olive oil. Heat a griddle pan over a high heat and cook the aubergine in batches for 2-3 minutes, turning once, until tender.
- Spread 1 side of the cooked aubergine slices with 2 tbsp sun-dried tomato pesto, then layer them up into 3 layers in a lightly greased ovenproof dish with mozzarella and the jar of chilli and tomato sauce.
- Mix together fresh breadcrumbs and Parmesan, then sprinkle over the top. Bake for 20-25 minutes until bubbling and golden. Serve with a green salad.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...