Bacon-wrapped chicken traybake
- October 2020
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 35 min.
This all-in-one bacon-wrapped chicken traybake is clever: wrapping the chicken thighs in bacon keeps them super moist inside and the roast caponata brings a sweet sauciness.
For another simple chicken dinner you may not have tried before, try this tray bake with aubergine, feta, tahini and honey.
- 38.7g (8.3g saturated)
- 16.6g (15.6g sugars),
- 8 British outdoor-reared streaky bacon rashers
- 8 small free-range skinless, boneless chicken thighs (see Tips)
For the caponata
- 80ml olive oil
- 2 aubergines, cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 large courgette, cut into 2cm chunks
- 2 banana shallots, sliced into wedges
- 6 vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into rough chunks
- 2 tbsp sultanas
- 50g toasted flaked almonds to serve
- Large handful fresh basil leaves to serve
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. Mix the oil, aubergines, courgette, shallots, tomato chunks and sultanas on a large, lipped roasting tray and roast for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, use a rolling pin to gently roll each piece of bacon on a chopping board to stretch it. Wrap a piece of stretched bacon around each chicken thigh.
- Remove the caponata from the oven and set the chicken pieces on top. Return to the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from the oven and top with toasted almonds and basil leaves to serve.
For a veggie supper, swap the bacon-wrapped chicken for wedges of cauliflower.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...