Breaded harissa cod with lemon and red onion couscous
- January 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min
A super healthy cod recipe – with a spicy harissa breadcrumb topping – comes served with a fragrant lemon and red onion couscous.
Wondering what to do with the remaining harissa? We’ve got some nifty ways to use up leftover harissa, here.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 5.4g (0.7g saturated)
- 41.3g (2.8g sugars)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tsp harissa paste
- 4 sustainably sourced frozen cod (or other white fish) fillets, defrosted
- 40g dried breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon
- 250g couscous
- 400ml hot chicken stock
- Bunch fresh flatleaf parsley
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Slice the onion, then fry for 5 minutes or until softened but not coloured. Finely chop the garlic, then add to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes more. Season and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the grill to medium. Spread the harissa paste on top of the fish, then sprinkle over the breadcrumbs. Finely zest the lemon, then sprinkle over the fish. Grill for 10-12 minutes until the fish is just cooked – the flesh should be opaque. If the breadcrumbs brown too soon, move the fish lower in the grill.
- While the fish is cooking, put the couscous in a bowl, pour over the hot stock and cover with cling film. Leave for 5-10 minutes to absorb, then fluff with a fork.
- Roughly chop the parsley and juice the lemon, then stir through the couscous with the fried onion and garlic. Taste, season and serve in bowls, topped with the fish.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Cod parcels with tomatoes and pesto
This healthy cod and pesto recipe uses the French technique of cooking ‘en papillote’ –...