Salmon and avocado rice bowl with soy and lemon dressing
- April 2021
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 20 min
This healthy salmon and avocado rice bowl is packed with superfoods and makes a nutritious, energising lunch for two.
Or, for a multi-coloured, many-textured healthy lunch, how about this salmon poke bowl recipe?
- 36.4g (7.3g saturated)
- 39.8g (8.g sugars)
- 4½ tbsp soy sauce
- Grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 2 sustainable salmon fillets, skinned
- 200g tenderstem broccoli, trimmed
- 2 tbsp mixed seeds of your choice
- ½ tbsp honey
- 250g pack Tilda steamed wholegrain basmati and wild rice, or similar
- 1 ripe avocado, roughly chopped
- 4 mini cucumbers, sliced (or ¼ regular cucumber, halved and sliced)
- Cress/herbs, kimchi or pickled red cabbage to serve
- Mix 4 tbsp soy sauce with the lemon zest and juice in a small bowl. Put the salmon fillets in another bowl, add half the soy/lemon sauce and turn to coat.
- Add the broccoli to the steamer pan/basket over simmering water and steam for 3-4 minutes, then refresh under cold running water. Set aside.
- Add the salmon to the steamer (discard the marinade in the bowl) and steam the fish for 5-6 minutes. Meanwhile, toast the seeds in a dry frying pan for 1 minute then, off the heat, stir in the remaining ½ tbsp soy sauce and ½ tbsp honey. Leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, reheat the rice according to the pack instructions, then divide between 2 bowls. To each bowl add half the broccoli and avocado and a salmon fillet. Toss the cucumber in the remaining soy/lemon dressing, then share between the bowls. Serve with cress/herbs and pickled veg, with the sticky seeds scattered over.
Easy swaps: Instead of salmon use prawns, or use roasted butternut squash for a veggie bowl.
Scale it up: Double the quantities of the ingredients to feed four people.
Rate & review