Cheesy filo fingers
- December 2010
- Makes about 35
- Takes 20 minutes to make, 35 minutes to cook
These crunchy, cheesy sticks are the perfect finger food recipe for parties and celebrations.
- 500g parsnips, peeled and cut into eighths lengthways
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp finely grated Parmesan
- 200g filo pastry
- 40g butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Put the parsnips in a pan of salted water, bring to the boil and cook for 3 minutes. Drain well, then put in a shallow roasting tin. Toss the parsnips with the mustard, honey and a pinch of salt and ground black pepper. Drizzle with the oil, then roast for 20 minutes, turning halfway, until golden and sticky. Remove and set aside to cool.
- When nearly cool, toss with the grated cheese. Unroll the sheets of filo pastry and lay out in a stack. Cut to make squares measuring 10cm. Brush one square with melted butter. Lay a sticky parsnip baton at one end and roll up to make a tight filo roll, leaving the thin end of the parsnip a little exposed. Repeat with the rest of the parsnips and filo. Brush the outsides with a little more butter and lay on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until the pastry is golden and crisp, then serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Christmas starter recipes
Pickled pear, caramelised pecan and stilton tartlets
These pear, caramelised pecan and stilton tartlets are made using ready-rolled puff pastry. They are...