Beetroot and goat’s cheese cups
- December 2013
- Makes 24
- Less than 30 minutes
These great-tasting, no-cook canapés are quick to assemble at the last minute, suitable for veggies and they look gorgeous. The perfect party food? We think so.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 3.6g (1.7g saturated)
- 4g (1.7g sugars)
- 4 cooked beetroot
- 1 garlic clove
- 50g Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 40g fresh breadcrumbs
- 40g chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 150g very soft, fresh rindless goat’s cheese (we used Chavroux)
- 24 mini croustade cups (we used Rahm’s, from Sainsbury’s, Waitrose and Ocado)
- Fresh coriander leaf, to garnish
- In a food processor, whizz the beetroot with the garlic clove, Greek yogurt, pomegranate molasses, fresh breadcrumbs, hazelnuts and seasoning to form a coarse paste.
- Put the goat’s cheese in a piping bag, then half-fill the croustade cups .
- Top with spoonfuls of the beetroot paste, then garnish each with a fresh coriander leaf. Serve straightaway, or keep the beetroot paste in the fridge, covered, for up to 2 days, then assemble at the last minute.
Rate & review