Beetroot and goat’s cheese cups
- December 2013
- Makes 24
- Less than 30 minutes
These great-tasting, no-cook canapés are quick to assemble at the last minute, suitable for veggies and they look gorgeous. The perfect party food? We think so.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 3.6g (1.7g saturated)
- 4g (1.7g sugars)
- 4 cooked beetroot
- 1 garlic clove
- 50g Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 40g fresh breadcrumbs
- 40g chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 150g very soft, fresh rindless goat’s cheese (we used Chavroux)
- 24 mini croustade cups (we used Rahm’s, from Sainsbury’s, Waitrose and Ocado)
- Fresh coriander leaf, to garnish
- In a food processor, whizz the beetroot with the garlic clove, Greek yogurt, pomegranate molasses, fresh breadcrumbs, hazelnuts and seasoning to form a coarse paste.
- Put the goat’s cheese in a piping bag, then half-fill the croustade cups .
- Top with spoonfuls of the beetroot paste, then garnish each with a fresh coriander leaf. Serve straightaway, or keep the beetroot paste in the fridge, covered, for up to 2 days, then assemble at the last minute.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...