Warm cheese and onion cups
- December 2015
- Makes 30
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 10 min
A vegetarian canapé recipe that’s quick to make and is bound to go down a storm with its cheesy onion filling.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 4.2g (1.7g saturated)
- 1.1g (0.2g sugars)
See Wine Match
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- 4 finely sliced spring onions
- 150g grated mature cheddar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp good quality mayonnaise
- 30 croustade shells
- Bring a pan of water to a simmer and lower in the eggs. Boil for 8 minutes, then rinse under cold running water until cooled. Shell and roughly chop.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the chopped eggs, onions, cheddar, mustard and mayonnaise. Taste and season well, then cover and chill until needed.
- When ready to cook, heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- Line up 30 croustade shells on a baking tray (available from larger supermarkets – we used Rahms) and fill each with 1 tsp cheese and onion mixture. Bake the cheese and onion cups in the oven for 10 minutes or until the tops are golden. Dust each with a pinch of paprika and serve immediately.
Make the filling up to 24 hours in advance and keep in the fridge, covered, until needed. Fill the cups and bake just before serving.
What's the perfect wine match?
Use promo code DELICIOUS to get £10 off your order when you spend £40 or more.£10.99 | Buy Now See all côtes du rhône
Rate & review