Beetroot and smoked salmon tart with horseradish
- September 2012
- for 4 people
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 20 minutes to cook
This is a quick and healthy recipe with a great combination of smoked salmon, beetroot and horseradish.
PER SERVING 504kcals, 34.4g fat (18.1g saturated), 13.1g protein, 35.1g carbs (8.1g sugars), 1.7g salt, 2.1g fibre
- 250g mascarpone
- 3 tbsp grated horseradish
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 x 320g packs ready-rolled puff pastry sheets
- 500g cooked baby beetroot
- Olive oil
- Beaten egg
- 200g smoked salmon
- Chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Mix 250g mascarpone with 3 tbsp grated horseradish and the juice of 1 lemon, then season. Cut 2 x 320g packs ready-rolled puff pastry sheets into quarters, then score a 1cm border around each. Prick the centres with a fork, spread with the mix, then top with 500g cooked baby beetroot, cut into wedges.
- Season, drizzle with olive oil, glaze the edges with beaten egg, then bake for 20 minutes until golden. Top with 200g smoked salmon, torn, and chopped parsley.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Make-ahead Christmas dinner recipes
Lemon risotto cakes with smoked salmon and horseradish cream
Lemony, crunchy risotto cakes topped with rich smoked salmon and a dollop of zingy horseradish...
Healthy salmon recipes
Pepparrotssås (horseradish sauce) with pickled herring and hot-smoked salmon
If you like the fiery heat of horseradish, then you’ll love this easy Scandi-style starter,...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...