Berry and apple crumble with marzipan
- September 2014
- Serves 8
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 45-50 min, plus standing
Our shortcut crumble recipe is made with frozen berries and shop-bought marzipan to cut the prep time. No stress, no faff – just a great dessert made with little effort. But you don’t have to tell anyone that…
We’ve got lots more comforting recipes like this one, take a look at our crumble recipes.
- 25.5g (12g saturated)
- 60.3g (32.9g sugars)
- 500g frozen berry mix, defrosted completely
- 4 eating apples (such as braeburn), peeled, cored and chopped into chunks
- 3 tbsp golden caster sugar (see tip)
For the crumble
- 300g plain flour
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 175g unsalted butter
- 100g marzipan, crumbled
- 75g blanched almonds, roughly chopped
- Custard or double cream to serve
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/ gas 4. Fill a 1.5 litre ovenproof dish with the prepared fruit and apples. Scatter over the sugar.
- For the crumble, put the flour and sugar in a mixing bowl and add a pinch of salt. Melt the butter in a microwave or saucepan and pour over the flour mix, then stir with a spoon to form little biscuity lumps of mixture. Stir in the marzipan and almonds, then scatter the mixture over the fruit in the dish.
- Bake in the top of the oven for 45-50 minutes until the top is golden and smells biscuity and the fruit bubbles through. Stand for 5 minutes, then serve with custard or cream.
The amount of sugar in the filling will give you fruit that’s still refreshingly tart, but if you like it sweeter increase the quantity by a tablespoon or two.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...