Black rice super salad
- May 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
Whip up this vegan black rice salad in just 20 minutes and enjoy as a nutritious summer side or wholesome lunch at work the next day.
For something a little more showy, try our black rice salad with roasted carrots, shallots and ricotta instead.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegan recipes
- 28.6g (4.8g saturated
- 58.3g (13.5g sugars)
- 2 x 200g pouches of cooked black wholegrain rice (we used Gallo, from Waitrose)
- 200g watercress
- 250g halved cherry tomatoes
- 5 thinly sliced spring onions
- 200g pomegranate seeds
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Finely grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- Drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of mixed seeds, to serve
- In a bowl, toss the black wholegrain rice with the watercress, cherry tomatoes, spring onions and pomegranate seeds.
- Peel and de-stone the avocado, then put in a blender or food processor with the tahini, olive oil, the finely grated zest and juice of 1½ lemons, agave syrup and 75ml water. Whizz until smooth.
- Toss the salad with the finely grated zest and juice of ½ lemon, a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper, then serve with a sprinkle of mixed seeds and the avocado dressing to drizzle over.
Rate & review