Bloody mary panzanella
- August 2018
- Serves 4 as a side salad
- Hands-on time 15 min
Torn-up pieces of crispy ciabatta, sweet cherry tomatoes, vinegary capers and, if you dare, a kick of vodka. This is the kind of salad we like.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Vegan recipes
- 12.8g (1.9g saturated)
- 21.3g (3.5g sugars)
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 150g ciabatta, torn into chunks
- 250g halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 sliced celery sticks
- 2 tbsp drained capers
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp vodka (optional)
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp Tabasco sauce
- ¼ tsp celery salt
- Lemon wedges and fresh basil leaves, to serve
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and fry the ciabatta with a sprinkle of sea salt flakes until just starting to crisp. Remove from the heat.
- In a bowl, mix together the halved cherry tomatoes, celery sticks and capers. In another small bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, vodka (is using), red wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, celery salt and some cracked black pepper.
- Pour over the tomato mixture, then stir in the toasted ciabatta and stir to combine. Serve with lemon wedges and a scattering of fresh basil leaves.
The vodka gives the dressing an extra kick and mimics the flavour of a bloody mary, but you can leave it out. Use a vegetarian Worcestershire sauce for veggies.
Rate & review