Bloody mary panzanella
- August 2018
- Serves 4 as a side salad
- Hands-on time 15 min
Torn-up pieces of crispy ciabatta, sweet cherry tomatoes, vinegary capers and, if you dare, a kick of vodka. This is the kind of salad we like.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Vegan recipes
- 12.8g (1.9g saturated)
- 21.3g (3.5g sugars)
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 150g ciabatta, torn into chunks
- 250g halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 sliced celery sticks
- 2 tbsp drained capers
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp vodka (optional)
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp Tabasco sauce
- ¼ tsp celery salt
- Lemon wedges and fresh basil leaves, to serve
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and fry the ciabatta with a sprinkle of sea salt flakes until just starting to crisp. Remove from the heat.
- In a bowl, mix together the halved cherry tomatoes, celery sticks and capers. In another small bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, vodka (is using), red wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, celery salt and some cracked black pepper.
- Pour over the tomato mixture, then stir in the toasted ciabatta and stir to combine. Serve with lemon wedges and a scattering of fresh basil leaves.
The vodka gives the dressing an extra kick and mimics the flavour of a bloody mary, but you can leave it out. Use a vegetarian Worcestershire sauce for veggies.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...