Sardines with watercress salad
- May 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 min
We’ve used tinned sardines in this simple salad to keep the cost down, but you could easily swap them for fresh fish if you wish.
Or opt for vegan with our Valencian orange, chicory and watercress salad.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 24.5g (5.1g saturated)
- 2.6g (1.6g sugars)
- 2 x 135g tins sardines in oil
- Finely grated zest 1 lime and juice ½, plus wedges to serve
- 130g bag watercress, rocket and spinach salad
- 150g radishes, finely sliced
- 2 ripe avocados, sliced
- Drain the sardines, reserving the oil (see tip). Make a dressing by whisking 3 tbsp of the oil with the lime zest and juice and some salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Toss the salad leaves with the radishes and half the dressing. Divide among
4 plates, top with slices of avocado and arrange the sardines on top. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve with lime wedges for squeezing.
If you can get hold of fresh sardines, use them here instead. Simply scale and gut them, then grill for a few minutes until cooked through and serve on top of the salad.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Smoked duck salad with pomegranate
This smoked duck and pomegranate salad recipe looks like a sophisticated starter yet it takes...