Celeriac, pancetta and hazelnut soup
- January 2015
- 100g smoked pancetta, diced
- A knob of butter
- 1 onion
- 1 large celeriac (about 750g)
- 1 large floury potato (about 400g)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 litre fresh chicken stock
- 25g hazelnuts
- Crème fraîche, to serve
- Extra-virgin olive oil, to serve
- Fresh chives, to serve
- Fry the pancetta in a large saucepan with the butter until golden and crisp. Remove two thirds with a slotted spoon onto kitchen paper and reserve. Finely chop the onion, add to the pan and fry for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and chop the celeriac and 1 potato into even chunks. Add to the pan with the bay leaf and stock and season well. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the veg are tender.
- Meanwhile, toast the hazelnuts in a dry pan, then coarsely chop.
- Remove the bay leaf from the soup, then whizz with a hand blender until smooth. Taste and season, then serve topped with dollops of crème fraîche, the hazelnuts, reserved pancetta, a glug of extra-virgin olive oil and snipped fresh chives, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Celeriac and apple soup with girolle mushrooms and cheesy toasts
This autumnal soup recipe uses seasonal ingredients such as celeriac, apple and mushrooms to make...
Winter cabbage, chorizo and celeriac soup with baked sage croutons
This flavourful cabbage, chorizo and celeriac soup recipe is perfect in cooler weather – it’s...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...