Chargrilled asparagus with parmesan and breadcrumbs
- June 2011
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 minutes to make
- 9g (4g saturated)
- 11.6g (1.5g sugar)
- 20g butter
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp unsalted nonpareille capers, drained and rinsed
- 250g asparagus bunch, woody ends snapped off, brushed with a little oil
- 20g Parmesan shavings
- Melt the butter in a non-stick pan over a medium heat. Add the breadcrumbs and fry until crisp. Stir in the lemon zest and capers, then season well.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle over a high heat and cook the asparagus for 4-5 minutes until tender.
- Serve the chargrilled asparagus topped with the zesty breadcrumbs and Parmesan shavings.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Asparagus and pancetta soldiers with soft-boiled eggs
Swap toast soldiers for pancetta-wrapped asparagus in this easy low-carb breakfast recipe, that’s ready in...