Chargrilled chicken with mango salad
- July 2021
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 15 min
Chargrilled chicken with mango salad is colourful, low-cal summer salad that’s perfect for 5:2 diet fast days. Ready in just 15 minutes.
Check out more fast day favourites in our 5:2 recipes collection.
- 5.5g (0.8g saturated)
- 14.1g (13.9g sugars)
- 3 free-range chicken breast mini fillets (about 200g)
- ½ tbsp baharat spice blend
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander, plus extra to garnish (optional)
- Grated zest and juice 1 lime
- 2 squirts 1-calorie spray oil
- 1½ tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1½ tsp Waitrose Mango Amba Sauce or another mango dressing or sweet chilli sauce
- 2 large handfuls mixed salad leaves
- ½ ripe mango, thinly sliced
- ¼ cucumber, thinly sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Put the chicken in a bowl with the spice blend, coriander, a squeeze of lime and some salt and black pepper. Toss well to coat.
- Heat a griddle pan (or barbecue). Spray the mini fillets with the cooking oil, then griddle/grill for 3 minutes on each side or until tender and cooked through. Set aside to rest somewhere warm.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise and mango sauce with a little lime zest and a squeeze of juice, and some black pepper.
- Divide the salad leaves between 2 plates, then top with the mango slices, cucumber and tomatoes. Slice the chicken, then divide between the plates. Drizzle over the dressing, sprinkle with more lime zest, then scatter with extra coriander, if you like. Serve with the rest of the lime for squeezing.
This is a 5:2 fast day recipe. Not fasting? “Use 4 mini chicken fillets, add a handful of chopped peanuts or almonds and serve with a flatbread or wholemeal pitta. This would add around 280kcals.” Delicious nutritionist, Fiona Hunter
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...