Chargrilled soy chilli chicken
- October 2007
- Serves 4
- Takes 30 minutes to make, plus at least 30 minutes’ marinating
A sticky chilli marinade is the perfect way to add a lovely smoky flavour to grilled chicken. This chilli-soy chicken recipe is delicious served with a fresh green salad.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 7.2g (1.3g saturated)
- 6.8g (5.6g sugars)
- 1 star anise, roughly broken up
- 1½ tbsp light muscovado sugar
- 1 Thai red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon, plus 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp soy sauce, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Small handful fresh coriander leaves
- Mix together the star anise, sugar, sliced chilli, lemon zest and juice, soy sauce and sesame oil in a large bowl. Trim the breast meat of any fatty pieces and add to the marinade. Turn to coat well. Cover and chill for at least 30 minues and up to 6 hours.
- Place a griddle pan over a medium heat. Remove the chicken from the bowl and discard any leftover marinade. Add the chicken to the hot griddle and cook for about 15-18 minutes, turning halfway, until cooked through and lightly charred. Set aside for a few minutes, then thickly slice each chicken breast.
- Drizzle 4 plates with a little soy sauce, then top with the chicken slices. Scatter with the fresh coriander and serve with a crisp green salad, if you like.
You can also barbecue this chicken recipe.
Rate & review