Cheat’s salmon and cream cheese tarts
- September 2007
- 375g pack fresh ready-rolled puff pastry
- 150g young leaf spinach
- 200g tub light cream cheese
- 100g smoked salmon
- Preheat the oven to 200C/fan180C/gas 6. Unroll puff pastry, cut into 2 x 15cm circles and place on a baking sheet. Prick the pastry several times and bake for 8 minutes, until risen and golden.
- Meanwhile, put spinach in a colander, pour over boiling water to wilt, then refresh under cold running water. Squeeze out the excess liquid.
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese until smooth, add smoked salmon, cut into strips, and the spinach. Season with plenty of freshly ground black pepper and mix together.
- Spread evenly over each cooked pastry base, leaving a small border all around. Return to the oven for a further 5-7 minutes, until the topping is piping hot. Divide between plates and serve with a mixed salad and some lemon wedges to squeeze over, if you like
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Smoked salmon latkes with Scandinavian horseradish cream
Forget blinis – when it comes to dinner party nibbles, it’s all about these crisp,...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...