Cheat’s salmon and cream cheese tarts
- September 2007
- Serves 2
- Hands-on 15 mins, cook time 15 mins
With only four ingredients, this is an easy midweek supper that’s smart enough for entertaining but ready in just 30 minutes.
- 375g pack fresh ready-rolled puff pastry
- 150g young leaf spinach
- 200g tub light cream cheese
- 100g smoked salmon
- Preheat the oven to 200C/fan180C/gas 6. Unroll puff pastry, cut into 2 x 15cm circles and place on a baking sheet. Prick the pastry several times and bake for 8 minutes, until risen and golden.
- Meanwhile, put spinach in a colander, pour over boiling water to wilt, then refresh under cold running water. Squeeze out the excess liquid.
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese until smooth, add smoked salmon, cut into strips, and the spinach. Season with plenty of freshly ground black pepper and mix together.
- Spread evenly over each cooked pastry base, leaving a small border all around. Return to the oven for a further 5-7 minutes, until the topping is piping hot. Divide between plates and serve with a mixed salad and some lemon wedges to squeeze over, if you like
Rate & review