Cheat’s salmon bakes
- May 2009
- Serves 2
- Hands on time 15 min, oven time 20 min
A quick and easy version of a fish pie, these salmon bakes use crispy shop-bought potato röstis but you could use puff pastry for a more traditional result.
- 2 skinless sustainably sourced salmon fillets, cut into large chunks
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 200g ricotta
- 20g grated parmesan or Grana Padano
- Zest and juice 1 small lemon
- 50ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 2 large, ready-made potato rösti
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Scatter the salmon over the base of 2 x 500ml ovenproof pie dishes.
- Pour boiling water over the spinach leaves, to wilt, then refresh under cold water, squeeze dry and roughly chop. In a bowl, mix with ricotta, parmesan, the lemon zest and juice, vegetable stock and chopped fresh dill. Season well and divide between the dishes. Stir to mix together, then top with a potato rosti. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, covering with foil halfway, until the salmon is cooked through.
Rate & review