Salmon and potato bake
- January 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 minutes to make and 30-40 minutes to cook
A filling, budget-friendly recipe that will feed four generously – what’s not to like about this salmon recipe? We’ve got a lovely little video of it too, if you need the extra push to give it a go.
Or, if you want to try something different, how about this salmon bake made with gnocchi, cream cheese, chilli and lemon?
- 46.9g (21.9g saturated)
- 49.9g (4.3g sugars)
- 1kg floury potatoes, cut into 3mm slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- A few handfuls of baby spinach
- Butter, for greasing
- 3 salmon fillets, sliced
- 200ml double cream
- 50g grated Gruyère
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, then simmer the potatoes for 2-3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and gently fry the red onion for 5 minutes, then stir in the flour and season well.
- Wilt the spinach in a pan over a medium heat, then squeeze out the excess liquid. Butter a 1.2-litre ovenproof dish and layer up the potatoes and onion with the salmon and the spinach, ending with a layer of potato.
- Pour the cream over the top. Sprinkle with the Gruyère and bake for 20-30 minutes, until golden and bubbling.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Cheat’s salmon bakes
A quick and easy version of a fish pie, these salmon bakes use crispy shop-bought...