Salmon gnocchi bake
- October 2006
- Serves 4
- Takes 20 min to make and 15-20 min in the oven
There’s more than one way to use gnocchi – this easy recipe combines comforting gnocchi with salmon, cream cheese, chilli and lemon.
- 33.7g (19g saturated)
- 43.9g (2.2g sugar)
- 500g packet fresh gnocchi
- 25g butter
- 1 small leek, washed, trimmed and thickly sliced
- 200g packet soft cream cheese
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- ½-1 tsp dried chilli flakes, to taste
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 150g salmon fillet, skinned and diced
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the gnocchi and cook for 2-3 minutes, until cooked. (The gnocchi will float to the surface when they are ready.) Drain and reserve 250ml of the cooking water. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a wide, deep frying pan and gently fry the leek for 3-4 minutes, until soft. Stir in the cream cheese, tomato purée, chilli flakes, lemon zest, parsley and reserved water, until the cheese has melted and everything is combined. Adjust the seasoning.
- Add the gnocchi and salmon to the frying pan and stir to coat. Spoon into a deep 1.2-litre ovenproof dish and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden on top. Serve immediately.
Look out for bargains at your supermarket fish counter or use canned salmon to make this dish even cheaper.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Vegetarian comfort food recipes
Baked gnocchi with cream, mushrooms and blue cheese sauce
This recipe of soft, pillowy gnocchi baked in a creamy blue cheese mushroom sauce is...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...