Cheat’s Thai chilli beef
- January 2009
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 3 shallots, finely diced
- 1 heaped tbsp chilli jam
- 2 tsp shrimp paste
- 1½ tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 sirloin steaks, sliced into strips
- 150g mangetout
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- Small handful roasted peanuts, roughly chopped,
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Steamed basmati rice, to serve, optional
- Heat the groundnut oil in a large pan or wok and fry the shallots for 1 minute until softened.
- In a bowl, mix the chilli jam with the shrimp paste, tomato ketchup, lime juice and a ginger.
- Stir the paste into the shallots and fry for 2 minutes. Season the steak and add to the pan with the mangetout. Turn up the heat and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add the spring onions and stir-fry for another minute.
- Spoon between bowls, scatter over the peanuts and coriander leaves.
- Serve with steamed basmati rice, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chilli beef with chickpeas
This chilli beef and chickpeas recipe can be made by first making a batch of...