Cheddar, mushroom and leek tortilla
- August 2005
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into small dice
- 1 leek, trimmed, washed and sliced
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 6 large eggs
- Handful of fresh chives
- 150g mature cheddar, diced
- Heat the oil in a medium, deep, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the potato and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until turning golden. Add the leek and mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring, until softened and wilted.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs with 2 tablespoons cold water in a bowl. Snip in the chives, stir in the cheese and season. Pour into the pan, cover (use a large plate or baking sheet) and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes, tilting the pan, now and then, so uncooked egg runs to the edges and cooks. The tortilla should be just set throughout and golden underneath. If you like, you can pop the tortilla (still in its pan) under the grill for a few minutes to lightly brown the top.
- Divide the tortilla into 4 and serve hot or warm, with chunks of bread and a green salad.
The great thing about this dish is you can substitute ingredients: if you don’t like mushrooms, use chopped, sliced ham or bacon. Or chorizo, frozen peas, baby corn – feel free to experiment
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Herby potato and ham hock tortilla
Make clever use of time-saving ingredients with this speedy herby potato and ham tortilla.
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...