Cheesy cauliflower pasta
- February 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make and 30 minutes to cook
This veggie cauliflower pasta recipe successfully fuses British and Italian cuisine and, at less than a £1 a head to make, it’s affordable fare. A great family dish.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 18.1g (7.4g saturated)
- 82.5g (6.7g sugar)
- 400g pasta shapes, such as penne
- 1 medium cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A knob of butter
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 30g grated vegetarian Parmesan
- 50g grated mature Cheddar
- A handful chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- Cook the pasta shapes in a pan of boiling water according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, blanch the cauliflower in a pan of boiling water for 7-8 minutes, until very tender, then drain.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil and a knob of butter in a large pan and fry the onion for 5 minutes, then add garlic, and 2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and cook for a few minutes, until golden. Break up the cauliflower, add a ladleful of the pasta water and simmer until the water evaporates.
- Drain the pasta, add to the cauliflower mixture and toss with Parmesan, Cheddar and a handful chopped fresh flatleaf parsley. Serve drizzled with extra-virgin olive oil and lots of black pepper.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...